sábado, 12 de maio de 2012

Big mistake?


"Mark...you didn't delete that email...you sent it on to the whole department!"

Send on – sent on – sent on

Meaning: If you send something on, you forward a message, object, or piece of information etc., that has been given to you, to another person.
Grammar: This phrasal verb needs an object. It is possible to put the object between the verb and particle. If the object is a pronoun, it must go between the verb and particle.
I sent on the parcel
I sent the parcel on
I sent it on
I sent on it - NOT CORRECT
Example sentence: My mum gave me a t-shirt, but it was too big for me, so I sent it on to my brother.
Synonyms: forward, redirect, readdress, pass on, transfe

From: BBC Learning English - http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário